Friday, January 13, 2012

Pub Chicken!

This recipe was posted in last weeks Publix ad. It was close to the most flavorful chicken I have ever had! A definite "make again" dinner!


  • 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1 Tablespoon molasses
  • 1/4 cup of low sodium or light soy sauce
  • 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 -teaspoon of pepper
  • 1/4 -teaspoon of salt
  • 2 large sliced onions
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar
  • 1/4 cup of french fried onion rings ( I didn't have these but the recipe was still excellent!)
Place chicken, molasses, soy sauce and garlic in a Ziploc bag. Marinate for 10 minutes or as long as possible (even over night). Longer the better. While marinating, slice two onions thinly and mix with oil, salt & pepper and lay in the bottom of a 13X9 pan. Lay chicken over the onions and place covered with tinfoil in a 400 degree oven.


 Bake until chicken reaches 165 degrees ( about 45 minutes depending on thickness of chicken. I baked mine for almost 2 hours, because I like WELL done chicken and mine were very thick!). When its just about done, top with cheese and then the french fried onions. I didn't have any onions so those are missing from my dish.


I made my "Crack Potatoes" with this dish and added some green beans. There were only clean plates left in our house yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment