Friday, January 13, 2012

Crack Potatoes!

Last night I made a new recipe I found on Pinterest ( ha imagine that huh? my crack (Pinterest) site gives me a recipe for potatoes called CRACK potatoes! LOL). They were amazing! I tweaked the recipe they gave me a bit, but they were still awesome! I cannot wait to make them again along with this pretty awesome chicken (recipe to follow this post) that Publix had in last weeks ad. Both were a huge success with my family!! Here is the recipe I used for the potatoes:


  • 5-6 medium potatoes ( red or russet)
  • 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine (melted)
  • 3/4 tsp. black pepper
  • salt to taste


Peel & slice the potatoes as if you were making shoestring french fries!


Mix 1 cup of the sharp cheddar cheese, the black pepper and salt, & the 1/2 cup of sour cream with the potatoes. Add potato mixture to a greased ( spray with Pam) 13 X 9 baking dish. Pour the milk and the melted butter over the top and cover the dish with the remaining cheese. Bake covered in a 400 degree oven for 2 hours ( or test them about half way through. Depends on how thick your potatoes are)
I ended up mixing all the cheese with the potatoes, so this picture is a little off. You should mix half the cheese and keep the other half to top the potatoes.

You could really add whatever you want to these, ham? bacon? parsley?....but they are incredible just the way they are. 










1 comment:

  1. Sounds Wonderful Michelle, gonna try them. Thanks for all your creative ideas and thanks for sharing, Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete