Thursday, January 5, 2012

Homemade Salsa!


...I decided that tonight was going to be a "Taco Night" and wanted to have some salsa and chips on the side. However, I hate buying pre-made jars of salsa because of all the sodium. Not to mention, homemade tastes so much better! Usually I do make Semi-Homemade salsa with cans of diced tomatoes, onions, limes & peppers...but after being inspired by my friend Kim's son Zach, who made homemade salsa at their NYE party this year, I decided to make my own!
                      1 Chopped Green Pepper
      1 Chopped Jalapeno Pepper ( more if you like it hotter!)
      5 chopped green onions ( white & green part)
 I dont like cilantro, so I used flat leafed parsley ( about 3 tbls)
I also added about 4 cloves of garlic, about 1/2 teaspooon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper and also about 1 teaspoon of cumin. To me this really gives an authentic Mexican taste!

Voila! Homemade "Michelle's" Salsa! This will probably be better tomorrow after it sits for a day, but it will go great with our taco's tonight! :)

Much love.....<3

No comments:

Post a Comment